Back to top of page
Back to top of page
- Check in time for all trips is no later than 45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Tickets must be purchased prior to departure. Cash, debit card, MasterCard and Visa accepted. Sorry, we do not accept Discover.
- 50% deposit required to secure reservations for charters and groups of 5 or more.
- Credit card guarantees may be requested for all reservations at our discretion. Credit cards used to guarantee reservations will NOT be charged as long as the reservation is honored; upon presentation at our shop of payment for any reservation(s) on the date of departure, the credit card guarantee will be terminated and no charge will be made to the credit card. If, however, fewer than the number of reservations check in on the date of departure, the credit card used to guarantee the reservation will be charged for any reservations not honored unless other arrangements are made for payment of the reservations not honored. Cancellation of or changes to reservations with credit card guarantees must be received at least 48 hours in advance AND MUST obtain a cancellation number. Failure to cancel and obtain a cancellation number will result in a charge for any fares not cancelled which we are unable to fill.
- Cancellation notice for charters must be given no later than 10 days prior to the trip for a full refund (less a 6% convenience fee for deposits paid by credit card). If the notice is given 10 days or less, no refund will be given unless your positions are filled.
- Cancelled Trips and Online Deposits Refund Policy Trips are subject to cancellation by HMB Sportfishing due to adverse ocean weather conditions, insufficient number of reservations or other unforeseen events beyond our control. Deposits for trips booked online will be held until applied in full to a future date. Alternatively, if a refund is requested, the booking fee charged at the time reservation was made is non-refundable, and a 10% processing fee will be deducted from any deposits refunded regardless of whether the trip is cancelled by the customer or by HMB Sportfishing. More details are available in the online reservation system Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of booking.
- In the event weather prevents the boat from going, deposits may either be reapplied to a future date or refunded in full (less a 6% convenience fee for deposits paid by credit card).
- Rod rentals, tackle and bait are not included in the price of the fare unless otherwise indicated. Rod rental, tackle and bait are available for rent/purchase prior to departure. 2017 approximate prices: rod rentals $10, basic tackle $10-15, bait $3-6. Please check for current prices.
- California fishing licenses mandatory for ages 16 and over. One day and annual licenses are available for purchase at our shop. 2017 prices: $15.12 for one day regardless of residency, $47.01 for annual (good through end of calendar year) for California resident. Ages 15 and under do not need a fishing license.
- Departure and return times are approximate. We do the best we can to depart as scheduled, but departure may be delayed at times at the discretion of the crew. Return time should be used as a general guide ONLY and may vary due to various factors, including but not limited to weather, conditions on a given day, fishing location or obtaining of boat limits. When boat limits are obtained, in accordance with California Department of Fish and Game regulations, all fishing ceases and the boat will return to the dock regardless of how much fishing time took place or how early it may be.
- "Boat Limit" fishing regulations apply at all times. Detailed information regarding Boat Limits is available for review at Section 27.60 of the current California Department of Fish and Game Ocean Sport Fishing Regulations which may be obtained at: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/regulations.
- No guarantee. As much as we want you to catch fish, there is no guarantee that you will. We provide the service of taking you fishing...catching the fish is up to you and the fish!
- Charters have the option of determining the number of people they would like to bring, up to 39 maximum.
- "Farallon Islands Fridays" trips - when necessary, the captain reserves the right to fish coastal waters if the weather prevents us from making the trek offshore and, at his discretion, may adjust the price accordingly.
- Should there be any substantial increase in the cost of diesel fuel, we may find it necessary to impose a fuel surcharge.
- Fares listed above represent the cash discount price; fares paid by credit or debit cards are $3.00 more per person.